T12-MSM: robust circuit breaker with design appeal
SCHURTER combines its circuit breakers with thermal operation (T12) and thermal-magnetic operation (TM12) with its MSM series metal switches. The T12-MSM, creates a market innovation that marries overcurrent protection with an attractive pushbutton design.
The MSM switches are characterized by their visual appeal and operating characteristics. Both the housing and the actuator are fabricated from high-quality stainless steel, and there are a variety of design options including size, color, lighting and inscription.
The T12 and TM12 are reliable circuit breakers with positive trip-free operation. The contacts open even if the reset button is manually held in the closed position. They reliably protect equipment with rated currents from 50 mA to 16 A. The optional magnetic release, protects against increased risk of short circuits.
The combination of the T12 circuit breaker and the MSM switch now unites all these features in a product that is also extremely robust. With a vandal-proof design, IP 64 tightness protection and IK 07 impact resistance, the T12-MSM is also suited for outdoor applications and use in harsh environments. Additionally, the look and feel is novel for a circuit breaker and stands out among other circuit breakers as a true designer piece, suitable for mounting on the front side of the equipment, where an appealing design is paramount. The T12-MSM offers unprecedented product-design opportunities for applications where moderate overcurrents can occur. Among its wide range of possible uses are applications requiring electromechanical shielding, outdoor applications, and especially applications with electric motors.
- T12-MSM or TM12-MSM circuit breaker with stainless steel actuator
- Rated voltage: 240 VAC / 28 VDC
- Rated current: 50 mA - 16 A (15 A UL)
- Thermal – magnetic or thermal tripping
- Manual On/Off actuation
- Available with auxiliary contact or shunt terminal
- Quick-connect or screw-clamp terminals
- Threaded neck type
- Actuator available in 19 mm and 22 mm diameters
- Point or ring illumination
- A variety of labeling options
- Tightness according to IP64
- Vandal-proofed according to IK07