In touch panels without optical bonding there is an air gap between the display and the touchscreen. This air gap causes reflections by light refraction at the surfaces of the display and the touchscreen.
To improve the readability of the screen contents in direct sunlight, the optical bonding process provided by SCHURTER is the optimal solution.
Here, the air gap between the décor glass or touchscreen and the display is filled with a highly transparent adhesive.
In addition to substantial improvements in the readability and the contrast and brightness of the colours, the mechanical robustness of the touch panel is increased by Optical Bonding. No condensation moisture can arise and no dust or dirt particles can penetrate. By filling the insulating air gap, heat is dissipated through the front glass to the outside.
Benefits of Optical Bonding
• Optical Bonding eliminates the reflections between display and
touchscreen / front glass.
• The elimination of the air gap between the cover glass and
the display means that moisture cannot penetrate and cause
fogging on the display surface.
No dust and dirt particles
• By eliminating the air gap no dust and dirt particles can penetrate.
• A touch panel with Optical Bonding is resistant to mechanical loads.
This way of installation significantly reduces the risk of glass
splintering or breakage.
Improved heat dissipation
• By filling the insulating air gap between the components, heat can
be derived to the outside.